GCFA - Georgian-Chinese Friendship Association
Georgian-Chinese Friendship Association existing under Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Trade was founded in 2016 by Ivane Chkhartishvili.
The main objective of our Association is to facilitate deepening economic, business, cultural and social ties between the two countries. The Association actively cooperates with CEFC China Energy Company Limited. CEFC being the leading Chinese company that has shown its interest in various sectors of Georgian economy, including but not limited to the Poti FIZ and assisting Georgian state-owned fund to raise its capital by way of issuing debt securities in the form of bonds on Chinese stock exchange. It is noteworthy that the company’s CEO, Mr. Zang was appointed as the Honorary President of the Association.
The main directions of the Association are:
- Secure and analyze attractive potential projects for Chinese-Georgian Frienship Association and the company CEFC China Energy Company Limited;
- Establish close work relations with Georgian and Chinese business entities and implement respective measures in that direction;
- Implement respective measures aimed to deepen relationships in social and cultural spheres between Georgia and China;
- Establish close work relations with respective consulates and/or embassies in Georgia and China;
- Ensure close coordination in tourism sphere between Georgia and China and implement joint measures to facilitate influx of tourists between the countries;
- Strategically analyze potential investment projects implemented on Georgian territory under government project “Silk Road.”
- Organize official and/or unofficial visits of respective delegations in China and Georgia;