Mr. Bogner is a Vice President, Business Development, of Silk Road Group since June 2003 Geneva, Switzerland.
Core Competence: Solution-driven, analytical and entrepreneurial team-player and generalist with over 25 years of experience in consulting and business development with top international consulting firms. Responsibilities included advising boards of medium-sized and multinational companies and leading multinational teams of up to 20 people.
Functional skills: Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Trading, Business Development
Industrial skills: Trading and transportation, Financial services, Telecommunications, Energy, Chemical and pharmaceutical industry
Academic background: PhD in Accounting and Finance from London School of Economics, fluent in German and English with basic skills in French and Russian.
2003 – Present Silk Road Group (Suisse) SA, Geneva, Switzerland, Vice President, Business Development
Responsibilities include corporate as well as project development, for example
- Driving strategic improvements of structure and processes of the group
- Establishing joint ventures with strategic business partners
- Advising on specific projects
2000 - 2003 Boston Consulting Group, Munich, Germany, Project Leader
Leading project teams of up to 20 people for projects like
- Conducting business due diligence for private placement of large industrial company
- Restructuring IT development in major German bank
- Optimization of strategic positioning and cost effectiveness of specific lines of business for multinational companies
1996 - 2000 London School of Economics, United Kingdom, Tutorial Fellow and Lecturer
Lecturing and teaching in the Department of Accounting and Finance of the London School of Economics
- Programme Director for MSc Law and Accounting
1993 - 1996 International Trade Center (ITC UNCTAD/WTO), Geneva, Switzerland, Consultant, part-time
Designing and implementing trade promotion programmes in developing countries in Asia and South America
- Developing a Trade Monitoring System for the Government of Brazil
1989 - 1993 Datarat Systemberatung GmbH, Hamburg, Germany, Consultant Manufacturing Systems, part-time
Developing and implementing integrated IT systems for small and medium-sized companies in process industries
- Establishing European and Asian distribution and support network
1985 - 1989 Nixdorf Computer AG, Germany and Singapore, Systems Analyst
Programming and IT systems design for commercial applications
- Specialization in financial accounting, logistics and manufacturing solutions
London School of Economics, United Kingdom
Research in the financial evaluation of risk and the accounting of financial instruments
University Degree: PhD in Accounting and Finance
Witten/Herdecke University, Germany
Studies in Business Economics
Berufsakademie, Mannheim, Germany
Studies in Applied Information Technology
Waldorfschule Ruhrgebiet, Bochum, Germany
Degree: Abitur in German, English, Mathematics, Physics, History/Philosophy
Private interests include classical music, books, cinema, travelling, mountaineering and spending time with the family.
Family status: Married and father of two children.